I love being a principal.
I get to spend time doing one of my favorite things—learning about learning. Today, I attended a Webinar from Simplek-12 called the Basics of Mobile Learning. Dig in to these cool ideas:
- Students share a journal (digital or old school) and comment or post back and forth to each other. I love it. So 21st century. So basic skills.
Emoji Writing Prompts:
- Display a string of emojis and have students write a back story for the icons. How cool is that?
- Have the students display emojis in Google classroom communicating how they are feeling or what they hope to do or learn that day.
- Have your students create a post with a selfie and then write a paragraph about the selfie.
- Ask your students to make a selfie with their favorite book, color or board game and write a short piece about their selfie.
- Display 4 selfies and ask your students to write the back story for the images.
Well, that’s all for now. I need to smash some apps before I Pokemon Go!
by Mary Kane
all rights reserved. copyright 2016